Saturday, April 26, 2014

Planning to Eat Healthy

Here's a great nutrition tip if you're trying to watch your calories. I use the MyFitness Pal app to plan out my ENTIRE day of eating the night before...especially when I'm subbing. Now that might seem a little overwhelming for some of you, but it's the only way to at least set yourself up for success. It really only took me about 15 minutes including packing all of the food in my lunchbox. Today starts a 3 week subbing job for me, so I know that I need to be super disciplined about planning out my meals otherwise I'll be too tempted to go to the school cafeteria and buy a cookie or slice of pizza. And believe me...It is WAY too tempting for me because the cafeteria is only 4 doors down from me and they bake cookies fresh every day. Killer!!!! I've attached a few screen shots of what my day looks like. I made a fritatta the night before for breakfast and had my Shakeology. Then for lunch it's leftovers from this amazing chicken bake recipe that I found, and cauliflower crust pizza for dinner.
The best part about this is while it might seem pretty regimented, I still have a little wiggle room at the end of the day if I need an extra snack or boost of energy. Happy Friday!!!
My lunch and dinner recipes can be found here:http://melaniemitro.blogspot.com/p/eat-clean-recipes.html

No comments:

Post a Comment