Friday, April 18, 2014

Surviving a Holiday Weekend

Happy Friday everyone! With this weekend being Easter, I've been trying to plan on how I can eat healthy. These are the things that I'm doing that I thought I'd share with all of you, just in case you might be in the same boat. My suggestion, is if you're going to someone's house, offer to bring something and make it a healthy choice. I'm going to my mother in law's house, and I'm bringing a green salad. I'm going to make the salad recipe found on this website: http://www.sheknows.com/food-and-recipes/articles/988289/4-side-dish-recipes-for-your-easter-dinner
My plan is to fill up half my plate with salad leaving less room for the high in sodium ham and fatty (but oh-so-delicious) cheesy potatoes!
Here are a few other tips on how you can eat healthy this holiday weekend that I found:
1. Start with a real breakfast. I mean a healthy one!!! Make sure to load up on nutrients and fiber. I suggest Shakeology since it has all of that!!! Myshakeology.com/melaniesawdey has all the info!
2. Drink plenty of water. Try to drink a full glass of water before you eat. It'll help fill you up before you might indulge on anything that's not so good for you.
3. Eat your veggies!!! The fiber in veggies will also help fill you up so you're less likely to over eat.
4. Serving sizes matter. Fill half your plate with veggies, one quarter with grains and one quarter with protein.
5. Enjoy bread, dessert, and candy last: After you've filled up on veggies and protein, then enjoy the bread and butter, Peeps, jellybeans, or chocolate-covered caramels. While it's tempting to inhale five or six candies in one sitting, slow down and thoroughly savor each bite.

My last tip is don't beat yourself up if you don't eat healthy. Just make sure it's one cheat meal, not a whole day's worth of cheating.

All of these tips were found at this website:http://www.fitsugar.com/Tips-Eating-Healthier-Easter-22552693

No comments:

Post a Comment