Saturday, April 26, 2014

Quick Lunches

I recently had someone in my fitness challenge group ask me for healthy, quick lunch ideas. So here you go! This was my reply: 
Thank you so much for posting a question about grab and go lunches! I found a good website link to send your way, but I thought it would also be great to share with all of you.
I think the wraps all look good and you can alter the ingredients based on your dietary needs. I also suggesting trying to use leftovers in any of these. I'll purposely cook up extra chicken at dinner time to use in my lunch the next day. Pulled pork also makes for a great addition to any of these lunch ideas.
I also like the black bean salad and the orzo salad. I'm not a fan of tofu so I'd probably omit that from the black bean salad. You could make up a batch of either one of these to have on hand for the rest of the week. They'd pack up nicely in a mason jar or plastic container. What's nice is the salads can be eaten cold or room temperature.
Also an idea I've seen a lot is mason jar salads. I would use a larger mason jar with a wide mouth but leave extra space so that when you add the salad dressing you can shake it up to mix it around.
Or, I like to pack a salad in a plastic container with a lid and then put the right amount of salad dressing in a snack size zipper bag. Place the bag of dressing on top of your salad, and seal up the plastic container until you're ready to eat it. Then when it's time to eat, you cut off the end corner of the bag and squeeze the dressing right on top of your salad. It keeps the lettuce and other salad ingredients from getting all soggy. My sister showed me this idea and it's one I've been using ever since then!
Do any of you have additional ideas for quick & easy lunches??? If so, please share them!
We're dishing up new brown-bag classics for your lunch hour. Find 13 healthy recipes to add to your lunchtime repertoire.
WWW.COOKINGLIGHT.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment